Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The best lifeguard

    When I was a teenager my Dad took us to Atlantic City.  It was the first time I saw the ocean.  I loved it!  I was on the swim team in high school and a good swimmer.  When I was enjoying the fun of the waves I realized the under tow had pulled me far from the shore.  My dad, a worrier, had a lifeguard come out to get me.  That was humiliating for a teenage girl.  But my dad had sent the lifeguard out so he could help me if I needed it.  The lifeguard God has sent us is Jesus.  1 John 4:10 “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. NIV” 
     I was perfectly fine when I was splashing in the ocean.  I didn’t need help.  But in the ocean of life, no one can save themselves.  Only Jesus could be the perfect sacrifice of love.  God’s love is for all. But only those who ask Him for help can receive His atoning sacrifice.  As a nine year old I knew I was drowning in life.  Life was to heavy to me to carry.  I called upon Him and He was, is and will be my Lifeguard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment