Saturday, July 23, 2011

Joyful Days and Nights- Part Two

    During this time of vacation (and the reason for my lack of blogging) I have had endless moments of joy and happiness. Sun, water, and family can hardly be beat in the fun and happiness category.  A beautiful lake, jet skis, a speed boat all add to a happy setting.  But my favorite moments were when I had a chance to just float in the water with my daughter and talk. 
    Now that I’m not on the lake, the happiness I felt has subsided.  But not my joy or the time floating, talking about nothing and everything, with my daughter.  A sunset can end but joyful times building a relationship has eternal value.
     The Bible says in Psalms 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”  Family time builds me up because I can see the strength in our once one family, is now four families.
    My family is growing and I place my trust in God.  Joy is the result of a life trusting in Him instead of running from one “Happy” moment to another.  Joy comes through an abundance of time “floating on the water and talking”.

No comments:

Post a Comment