Thursday, July 28, 2011

Headache Time

    Have you ever had a headache.  I mean a shot in the head, light and noise like lightning bolts, sick to your stomach kind of headache?  Even though I have had a true migraine that has put me to bed, I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about a person or situation that knocks your lights out. 
    Some days can leave you on the floor.  A knock out that leaves you not thinking or feeling right.  But what is to be done?  Only one thing-get back up.  Life wants to suck the life out of you.  The good news is- God doesn't.
    The Bible says in Rom 8:6-7  "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."  I know even when I am drooling on the floor knocked out, I can get back up.  The reason is because in God there is forgiveness and peace.  Only in God is true forgiveness is found, for yourself and others.  Peace comes when we let go of what the flesh wants.  To get back up I need to put my mind back on the leading of the Spirit of God.  God is a healer in more than one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment